Monday 22 December 2014

I love to hate you




I knew that Earsure couldn't help but disappoint me.  It's not their fault.  So much of their music makes my heart sing but everyone in that audience could make their own individual wish list and whilst I was thrilled to hear 'I Love to Hate You' and was pretty much assured of 'Sometimes' and 'A little Respect' it actually hurt not to hear them perform some of my all time favourites.
I would have sold my granny to the devil to hear Sunday Girl and despite pinning all my hopes on the fact that it was indeed Sunday, it was not to be.  Had it been, it might have sounded something like…..this!

    1. Star 
    2. (Live debut)
    3. Encore:
    4. ([traditional] cover) (Acapella)

    5. But the vibe was camp dancetastic.  It had nothing of the feel of nearing the end of a long tour, it was fresh and bouncy and quite frankly….fun!  Andy gave us his ubiquitous dance moves complete with glittery hot pants, think Kylie Minogue in 'Spinning Around'  and the audience responded in kind (well minus the hot pants) 




      As a self confessed limelight hogger, I can definitely point the finger and Andy is born to show off but the warmth with which the crowd greeted Vince Clarke, the quiet man of Erasure, made me a little teary.  Erasure is no one man band, and the crowd roared their approval of Vince Clarke and made their feelings felt.


      The set was over in an ear ringing, chest pounding heart beat and for the encore Andy stripped off the glitz and the wrappings the trimmings and trappings and sang an acapella version of Gaudete from Snow Globe leaving no one in any doubt that this man is a master musician.

      This was Janie's 50th gig of the year and it was a joyfully frivolous finale.  The audience grinned at each other - happy to be sharing in the fun and a little bit of that camp Christmas magic spilled out onto the platforms at Kentish Town tube, all over the internet and onto BBC news.



1 comment:

  1. It was a fantastic way to celebrate the 50th gig. I sang and danced my heart out. Camp Christmas fun fuelled by prosecco - the new way to do gigs!

    ReplyDelete